At Injector Dynamics, we believe that a good product should move an industry forward. As part of that concept, we believe that education is important, and helpful to all. The articles here are based on a collection of topics that have shown a need for better explanation.
Some are polished and well done, some are a bit sloppy, and some are downright scathing in response to non-sensical claims polluting the internet. They all have one thing in common - valuable information. If there is a fuel related topic that you are having a hard time wrapping your head around, let us know.
- Are all Fuel Injectors Created Equal? - This is not an article comparing Brand A to brand B as you might expect. This article dispells the myth that injectors of the same flow rate have the same dynamic response. The article is written by GM Calibration Engineer Greg Banish who teaches GM and Ford tuning, as well as offering 2 books and an instructional DVD.
- Does Dynamic Matching Really Matter? - Tony Palo chimes in to set the record straight.
- Drillbits and Dipshits - This article dispells the myth that a drilled injector has the same response as it did before it was "modified". As you can see by the title, this one had me riled up a bit...
- Everything You Never Wanted to Know About Alcohol - Well, not everything. Actually just a few things. A few important things. Just read it.
- Ford Injector Characterization - Ever wonder what all those values mean? Or why they are needed? Here's a quick explanation. If we get enough requests, we may expand this article with further detail.
- Fuel Pressure Explained - By Dave Steck of DSX Tuning. Gauge pressure, Rail Pressure, Effective Pressure, Absolute Pressure - What's it all about? Read this article from DSteck and find out.
- GM Gen IV Calibration Scaling - The title pretty much says it all. If you need to scale your tune because of IFR table limits, read this article written by Dave Steck from DSX Tuning.
- GM Injector Characterization - Ever wonder what all those tables mean? Or why they are needed? Read this in preparation for your next keyboard racing event.
- Low Pulse Tech - The low pulsewidth performance of a fuel injector is often talked about, but rarely understood. Read this and you'll be armed with a knockout punch for your next keyboard war.
- That Big Orange Heavy Thing - We do a lot of testing here at Injector Dynamics. Some for research, some for validation, and some just for the sake of looking productive while we play with our cars. This article will detail the work done on our latest test vehicle. So come on in, and watch us trip and stumble through basic hot rodding, problem solving, and data gathering.
- The Bullshit Epidemic - If you don't call it when you see it, it just gets worse.
- The Same as Injector Dynamics but Cheaper - Taking a detailed look at the recent batch of bogus injector data presented as "The Same As..."
- Tune Your Mustang Using HP Tuners - An excellent primer by Eric Brooks from Brooks Speed
- Where do I find that table? - This is a guide to navigating Ford and GM software. I saw this on the Calibrated Success website and though it was cool so I posted the link for you.
- Who’s getting drilled - Greg Banish reminds us that "If you don't have data, you have an opinion."
- X-Tau Transient Fueling Compensation - An excellent atricle from the Megasquirt website describing what is now a standard approach to transient mixture correction. No matter what system you tune, the information in this article will deepen your understanding, and make you a better tuner. Be sure to follow the link to the video.